Ive not taken many trips yet to have enough to write about. Im thinking ill use this little blog to keep track of what ive grown, my novice experience of how they grow etc. My first batch i did so many things wrong, yet i had an amazing crop . I started w a grow bag of grain that i bought online. I forgot to label the strain that i had innoculated into the bag, forgot to write a date of when i actually innoculated, so it seemed to take FOREVER to fill that bag w mycelium. Maybe it did since i didnt date it? Once the mycelium did start growing it was sooo pretty. I loved watching it grow. Still do love watching all the various strains grow. I look at them nearly every day in awe. Next i used substrate that i had also bought online to mix my bag of unknown mycelium in. This was my 1st experience, i had purchased a monotub which took a lot of substrate. Again, after a week of seeimg nothing happening i was disappointed. But ...
Mycelium is so delicate , dainty, very pretty, to me. Whether its growing in agar, which ive yet to get a good photo of, or growing in a grain jar, or beginning to grow on the surface of substrate. I love seeing the white threadlike growth.
Comments
Post a Comment